Monday, September 12, 2011

Ikea Hack

I have been in a full on frenzy getting my home office finished in time for the start of my new job, which happens to have me working from home.   In doing so, I had to buy some lighting as none of the rooms in my house have any installed overhead.  I purchased this light from PB for to top my desk because I loved the look of it, especially the finish (I went for the oil rubbed bronze lamp, since they were out of my first choice - brushed brass).  But I quickly found it was a bit large for my desk.



While surfing the aisles at Ikea, I found this little number, which totally fit the look I was going for - an architect, swing-arm effect. 



But I just couldn't handle the red.  Not me.  So I had an idea.



                          

And voila.   So happy with the way it turned out!  





But somewhere in the midst of my madness, I decided it was smarter to keep the PB lamp because it has outlets on the base for my electronics.  So I'm keeping it on my desk and putting the Ikea hack in my guest room.  


Here's the side-by-side comparison (ignore dingy old office).  More pictures to come, as I chronicle my 2 day office transformation.


-Bethany

1 comment: