Thursday, November 25, 2010

A lil thanks

This year I am so thankful for a super supportive husband/best friend and our new home. I have loved every minute of trying to make our house a home, and he's been right there with me - helping to make decisions, although I'm sure there's a football game he'd rather be watching. I hope you have a lot to be thankful for :)

Here's a little peek at my Thanksgiving decor. We are not hosting Turkey Day at our house this year, so I went light on the set-up. Hopefully this is just a taste of what's to come with Christmas :) HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!



Kate and I took a trip to Michael's yesterday. Because my current funds don't allow me to buy the awesome $59 wreath I want, I chose the $2.99 version from Michael and wrapped some glittery gold ribbon on it and added some pine cones that I spray painted gold. Not the super-professional cutesy ones from PB, but it works :)




Again, not decked out since no dinner will be had here today. Just the chargers I got for $1.99 at Michael's and some mercury-glass votives (also $1.99 at Michael's) and a pine cone filled vase.



It's usually just us, so I only have it staged for "2". I just love this Afghan scarf that my father-in-law brought back for me from his travels. I wear it around my shoulders, but since it's SOO big, I decided to make it a holiday runner - and the reds and greens and yellows work perfectly!




I make these every year, I don't know why but I LOVE them. They smell so glorious. This year I used navel oranges, which were just a bit too juicy while I was poking the whole cloves through.





I love mercury-glass right now, it's so IN. Although, I couldn't bare to spend the money on stuff from the cool stores (west elm, PB, Wisteria, etc) because it's only for the holidays and it's just a trend. This works pretty nicely though.


Happy Thanksgiving All! What are your Black-Friday plans??

-Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment