Friday, August 6, 2010

FREE MONEY

When my husband and I got married last summer, we ended up collecting a nice amount of gift cards to Crate and Barrel. I was in hog-heaven and dreaming of the day we finally had a home to fill up! Well, now that we do, I CAN'T FIND ANYTHING I need or want. Totally stumped! It's like I have free money somewhere, and I am dying to cash-in, but can't find that one special thing.
The items on my must-have/NEED list currently are: new dining room table, media console, coffee table, and a rug pad. I need various other small stuff, but these are just the big ticket items. I was hoping to find a console at C&B. Turns out everything looks too modern, or is out of my price range. I am staying with the Swedish/beachy theme of my small cottage, and I can't seem to find anything. I LOVE some of the consoles and sideboards at Ballard Designs, but as my hubby smartly pointed out - there is no local store for us to go see the stuff. He wants to ensure said console fits all his gaming and video equipment, rightfully so. I was so ready to fire on this console right here, but he made me re-think that idea.
Including some pics of my current "potential" matches with my needs-list. Would love some opinions and thoughts on them!!!
PS - I may be able to afford the bigger ticket-items, if I could restrain from spur-of-the-moment purchases, like this Serena and Lily duvet cover seen on "Kourtney and Khloe Take Miami" last Sunday. In the words of my mother "when did that suddenly jump to the top of the priority list??". She's right... after all, it IS for the guest room! Including a pic at the bottom.
Pacific dining table from C&B
Dakota dining table also from C&B

Patterson media console from C&B





Insert random, overly indulgent Serena and Lily pattern for said duvet.
Wisteria sideboard - don't think I can pull off this green...




Very affordable Ikea console... hmm?







Awesome pine chest from C&B... mom's weigh-in was "not worth it". Struggling here to "fire" on anything from C&B!




The COVETED Belgard cabinet from Ballard. Concerns are no cable holes and unknown shelf length for gaming consoles. Still....







More affordable option, the Aiden, from Ballard.
Thoughts? Anyone?
Bethany

1 comment:

  1. http://www.plasticjungle.com
    you can trade gift cards of the same value, with stores you might actually shop in. If you can't find what you need at C&B, but found something you like elsewhere, go onto the site and see if anyone has what you are looking for.

    ReplyDelete