Monday, April 19, 2010

Two Down and Six to Go


By now you know if you’ve kept that pesky New Year’s resolution or not. You know the one… where you were going to lose those extra pounds you’ve put on. Personally, I’m in limbo on this one. Some housewife pals and I started a “workout challenge” the first week of January and although we started off strong we found ourselves fizzling in mid March. I had a reasonable goal of losing 10lbs. That’s totally doable in three months. The girls and I realized we set too long of a challenge timeline and with three weeks to go I found myself packing the pounds back on.

Now that it’s April, the girls and have regrouped. I reassessed my goal and decided that eight pounds would just the thing for a month long weight loss. That’s two pounds a week, which is a healthy pace by all online accounts. In week 1 I weighed in on target but by week 2 I hadn’t shed any extra pounds, not even an ounce. Could it have been the heavy drinking at a bachelorette party or maybe all the macaroni and cheese I ate at my backyard BBQ?

Here I am just five days from my next weigh in. I’ve got to get it together!! Because I’m behind by two pounds now I’ve got some catching up to do. It’s back to basics – healthy eating and working out. There’s no trick to weight loss. It’s that easy and it’s that hard. Starting the day with a clean slate I definitely made healthy choices. I’m going to put together my work out plan tonight but to start I’m doing Jillian Michaels’ 30-Shred on the regular. That means I’ve got 29-days to go.

Of course losing the weigh will be its own reward but we’re the Real Housewives, which means we’ve sweetened the pot to make that goal that much more exciting. We’ve each selected a luxury item or something similar, so if we reach our goal we get to purchase the item. See my April prize.

If you’re still faithfully working towards that New Year’s goal or maybe want to jump back on the workout wagon now that we’re heading into the warmer months then here is my favorite site which has been super helpful to me: www.livestrong.com/myplate

Have a workout challenge of your own? We’d love to hear what you’re doing so hit us up here or on our Facebook page, Real Housewives of Prince William County.
-Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment