Thursday, December 1, 2011

The throes of addiction

First step : admitting you have a problem.  So with that, I confess unto you that I went and did something bad...

I kept it a secret, despite wanting to scream from the top of a mountain; I caved and bought La Mer.  And with good reason for keeping it a secret.  I know the judgement that would entail from friends and [mostly] family.  But after a year-and-a-half long relationship with the Nordstrom product page (and two blog posts dedicated to the subject), I had to.  The tipping point was when my best friend was visiting from out of town and after a barrage of questions about her glowy complexion - she confessed she was using La Mer! I KNEW IT.
They always say 'one drink leads to another'...

I was frequenting my favorite make-up counter this past weekend to buy some much-needed eyeshadow.  As a 'thank you' for spending a small fortune on much more than just eyeshadow I received a sample of Yves St. Laurent face serum called Temps Majeur.  And that, my friends, is how they get you.  You'd have thought I learned my lesson the last time.


I'm hooked.  This stuff is even more magical.  My pores are magically smaller; my skin feels like silk.  Problem is, the end of the sample tube left me jonesing for more.  And at $225 a pop, I'm gonna be sweatin' it for a while.

Signed,

Major face cream DT's

Bethany


No comments:

Post a Comment