Friday, July 29, 2011

wallpaper rock scissors

We've been in our "new" house for over a year now and I'm finally starting to decorate our master bedroom. The current challenge is deciding what to do for an accent wall.  I used to think I wanted taupe and white stripes behind my headboard, but I'm a bit tired of that idea since it's been running across my head for years. Something like this:


I'd like my our bedroom to feel serene, not too busy.  But I don't want boring. Soft lines without being curvy.  Neutral without being bland. Like this:


 or this:

[Erika, from small shop's master bedroom]

At the current moment (and this might change), I'm thinking of putting up wallpaper on just the wall behind our bed.  The only other plausible option is finding a stencil and doing a great design on an accent wall with paint.  Since I'm a bit afraid that the perfectionist in me may get out of hand, I'm thinking wallpaper is the winner. Here are the front runners:

[favorite so far, Basso and Brooke "Map"]

[second favorite]

[i.die for anything David Hicks]

[Graham and Brown "Lucille"]

[Osbourne and Little]
[Osbourne and Little "Travertino"]

[BLAM! I wish I was this ballsy... I love this.  Jill Malek "Baby Elephants"]




Would love to know your favorite!  Happy Friday, all.

-Bethany

3 comments:

  1. These are all gorgeous! Especially the second one. And the bedroom inspiration photos are dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous30 July, 2011

    I vote for LUCILLE...love it, lets DO IT NOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Map...it's breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete